Friday, November 17, 2006

updates from China again...

well, i was caught in the meeting for 2 days, so here's my update for the past 2 days...

Date: 16-Nov-2006

Woke up at 6:30, gosh what is wrong with me? Get to wake up late, then I wake up early, when I need to wake up early, I can’t get up… something wrong somewhere… wonder where? Anyway, after I woke up, I iron my shirt, and my pants, ha, yes, I have to iron my own clothes… um… what a pity, I am not under the wings of my mommy anymore, therefore, have to take care of myself… sob… sigh…

This morning, sure enough, as I was expecting it, I saw another accident… the poor girl was crying and luckily this time there was a Mr. Policeman around… but I really don’t know what and how it happened…

During lunch, they gave us KFC, yeap, you heard (or was it read) right, I had a burger, I think it’s Zinger, and some french fries, and also had a corn… well, I think the corn we have back home is very much sweeter… yes, I am complaining, I miss home… I miss hubby, I miss mom, I miss Coffee, and I bet all of them missed me too… I missed all the lunch time with Kevin and HL too… hehe, all the time eating and complaining about none other that his majesty (guru besar, HM)…

Now, I am sitting in the meeting room, and they are having a discussion but I have nothing to do with it… you know what just happened? I have to teach their guy how to operate MS Project… pengsan, I tell you, he is suppose to be controlling this project and I have to coach him on the software… not that I am complaining, I pitied that poor guy ler… he so kesian, he is supposed to be a director of something, but then, he is stuck with this scheduling work… it is kinda sad though… he seemed so knowledgeable, and yet, stuck, I bet it’s because they couldn’t find another ah beng to do the job, so this poor guy have to do this job…

Just now RC and me were discussing when I will be able to go back home, and we calculated that I will only be back there by the end of next week…

I still don’t know what I am doing in this meeting room, there is nothing concerning me anymore, I only wish that I can be back there to check my e-mail and at msn with HL… this room is quite stuffy, you know I tak boleh tahan stuffiness la… I think I’ll pengsan soon… better go walk outside and catch some cold air… ok… the good news is that this meeting room is on the 3rd floor, and in this floor the toilet’s door is full height, haha, but, the left a small opening between the floor and the bottom of the door… and when we are squatting, I keep having this funny feeling that the person outside may just peek and see… haha, I guess it is just me…
I hope this meeting will finish soon and I’ll be able to go home soon… or at least get to check my e-mail or something… ok, just got a sms from HL, and ok, I’ll repent… aiyo… mati lor…

Date: 15-Nov-2006

Went to bed about 10 plus last night and don’t know why at 3 plus I woke up… so I tossed and turned, and then fell asleep again… woke up at 6:20 and got ready to go to work…
Breakfast at the usual place, and after breakfast I went downstairs to wait for the driver… the driver is a nice uncle… he was there waiting already, and since we were waiting for Alfred, the Lafarge guy from Canada, I had a chat with the driver… and I asked him about the lake I saw… and it turns out that is not a lake, it is actually a very long river, surrounding the city, to prevent intruders. Remember, I said Hefei was a part of the 3 country war, and one of the popular general, Chao Chow, used to train near this river…

And the uncle was very sweet, he used a different route to take us to the office, and along the way he also explained some of the landmarks in Hefei, like the grave of the great Justice Pao… and near the grave, there is also a temple, I think it was built to honor the judge… well, although I don’t agree much with the temple thingy, I do agree that the Judge is a very honorable person… for all the justice that he upheld…

And I witness another accident today, between a car and a van… when we drove pass, there were hardly any damage on either vehicle, but the drivers were fighting… and I meant physical fights… I hope I won’t see another accident tomorrow…

Lunch was the same again, lots of food, and I ate till I am overloaded… then after that I was waiting anxiously for RC to come… and after he came, we had a meeting and then dinner… at dinner, we talked and laughed, and ate lots of food again, and this time, there was lots of meat and I really have a hard time to swallow… well, for a start, the forced me gobble down a “fei chu yoke” eeew… at home, I don’t touch this stuff, and then there was mutton, the smell on this mutton is too strong for me, so I had a piece and then stopped… oh yes, and the made me drink corn juice… yes, corn juice, I mean, I eat corn alright and I like them, but corn juice? Eeew…
RC also told me that I may not be able to go back this weekend, I will have to make sure that the schedule they are preparing is realistic, workable and achievable… well, looking at the progress of HCRDI, I think I will not be able to complete my task before Friday…

I came back to the hotel and I am quite tired as of now… and I have already send my pass 3 days’ dirty laundry for cleaning… I think I’ll stop now and get to sleep… ha, tomorrow no need to wake up so early, RC said to leave the hotel at 8:30, which means I get to wake up at 7, yeay…

No comments: