Wednesday, November 15, 2006

diary in china

hello there,

this is my records of events for yesterday...

Date: 14-Nov-2006

After falling asleep real early last night, I woke up quite early… actually I left the TV on last night, so I was like half asleep and half awake… but I rested alright… work up at 6:30, got ready went for breakfast at 7:00 a.m., and at 7:30 went to the office… breakfast was buffet, and I had a heavy one, bread and ham and the list goes on…

on the way to the office, I witness an accident, the poor lady was on a bicycle and was knocked down by a motorcycle, and it happened in the middle of the intersection, and no one stop to help, except for an uncle carrying a flag, i think he must be the traffic controller or something... i finally understand why our government has laws to protect the pedestrian, motorcyclist and cyclist, if not, no one will stop for them, and they could be at a very high risk...

In the office, nothing much happened, I had a short discussion with that scheduler, actually he is not a scheduler, he is some don’t know what director… after that discussion, I had nothing to do so I surfed the internet… then came lunch, we had lunch at the HCRDI’s canteen, it’s more like a restaurant… Actually the whole HCRDI is like a small town in itself, there are accommodation, etc… it is a nice place… back in Malaysia, when we eat Chinese food, we eat the rice concurrently with the dishes… but over here, they serve all the dishes, then we ate almost all the dish, then they serve rice, along with some long beans… and then they just eat the rice with the long beans… I think the long beans must be their signature dish, when I was in Beijing, I had those long beans too, only difference is that the long beans in Beijing are fried with pickled radish, but the long beans in Hefei is only long beans…

After lunch I managed to get that scheduler guy to come for another discussion, and told him again what to do… tomorrow morning have to check his progress, otherwise mati, PM coming in the afternoon, and if work is not done, how to answer?

In Hefei, people get two hours lunch, if only we get that in Malaysia… that’ll be sweet…

In the evening came back to the hotel at about 6, then went to hunt for food, I actually went out of the hotel and took a walk, it was cold out there, but it’s nice… and then don’t know what to eat, I went to the same place I had breakfast and have buffet dinner… the food is not exactly nice, but was ok…

That’s all for today, more tomorrow…

1 comment:

seLf rEstrained... said...

dear ....
so Fun meh iN China???
U take care ...