Tuesday, November 14, 2006

from china with luv...

so here i am in china, hefei to be exact... well, where do i begin? do i enjoy myself this far? i guess the answer is yes, but i have not been walking around much, just the airport, hotel and of course the office... other than that, um, no where else... i liked the weather, i am not sweating here... and the hotel i am staying in, it's good too, i have taken a few pictures, but i'll only post it on if i have a quick connection, for now, no... later maybe...

ok, i've type something in my hotel room last night, i'll paste it here, in case you are interested in what i've been through... later, when i have more, i'll post it here too...

Date: 13-Nov-2006

Boarded the flight and started eating non-stop… after breakfast or was it supper, fell a sleep with big boss sitting behind me… felt kinda awkward, doesn’t matter… I didn’t sleep well, but I did doze off for a while… at 6 a.m. they switched on all the lights and I woke up for good… then they served yogurt, yummy, I had blueberry yogurt…

Landed in Beijing at 6:40 a.m. right on schedule, long que at the customs, but it was ok… was freezing cold, but because of the crowd, I was sweating away… it’s 8°C outside… anyway, now it’s about 8:00 a.m. and I am sitting in this nice place called Viojou restaurant, had a nice breakfast, and very full and sleepy now… I have to wait until 9 to check in for my flight to Hefei, and once I reach Hefei, I will not have the luxury of sitting around… well, I will do some work for the project now, and after checking in, I will walk outside the airport, take some pictures and feel the coldness…

That’s all for now, will come back and type more nonsense…

It’s 7:15 p.m. now, but it felt like 10 p.m., anyway, after I checked in for my Hefei flight, I went and smell Beijing… it is cold out there… I didn’t go very far, I just walked around for a while… then, at about 9:40 a.m. I went to que for boarding… gosh, the crowd, I really tak boleh tahan la…

Boarded the Hefei flight, and doze off for awhile, then, after taking off, I woke up, they serve lunch… for such a short flight, I must say that they serve quite heavy meal, I had rice with some chicken and vegetables… comes with a bun, and then I had orange juice… 2 glasses… then, landed in Hefei…

Hefei isn’t really cold like I expected, I can still walk around with normal clothing… Beijing is colder… the guy they sent to pick me up, was a young guy and not to mention good looking too… he was nice, he asked me whether I want to go to the office 1st or hotel… so I said hotel, then office, then he asked whether I want to makan or not, I said not because I was still full from the food on the plane… and then, he told me to rest, and he will pick me up again at 2:30. I mandi and explore the room, and watch some TV, and to my surprise, Hefei is the hometown of the famous Justice Pao… and also the central of the 3 country war…

Ok, I will not talk about work here, it’s too depressing, and since this after office hours, I will leave work as it is, and concentrate more on this place that I am in…

Generally I liked this country except 3 things… people spit like nobody’s business, eeew… and the public toilets, don’t they flush? And in the HCRDI’s office, the toilet is like, half height, the door, meaning, people can see you when they stand outside the toilet, eeew… double eeew… and the final thing is, the traffic, actually the way they drive is more accurate… aiyo, the squeeze and squeeze as if they are so flexible and no one give way to anyone… hmmm… freaks me out…
Right now, James Bond is on TV, starworld, the 1st ever James Bond apparently, but my eyes closing, and mouth opening wider and wider, I think it’s time for me to shutdown and hibernate… tomorrow is another day…

No comments: