Thursday, July 03, 2008

aceh again

so here i am sitting in aceh for the 13th time... so fed up with the project here... don't know what to do, everything is a mess, really feel like going home...

i'd rather be home getting quotation from renovators for my new home... but being here all the time, sigh...

this update is going to be short as i have no idea what to blab about... there is absolutely nothing interesting going on over here...

oh, a head hunter called me up the other day, she called my up before several months ago telling me of a job opportunity, but after meeting up with her, i told her that i may not be the person her client is looking for... and i was right... then two weeks ago, she called me again, telling me that her client would like to consider other options because they can't get the right person for the job... and i told her the same thing, i wouldn't be the right candidate, but she pleaded with me and i said ok, i'll keep my options open... and then last week, her client had a tele-interview with me and told me that they will let her know by this week... just this morning, i sent her an email asking her what the status are, and to my disgust, she told me that i am not suitable for the job... now, don't get me wrong, i am not disgusted about not getting the job, i am disgusted about how she handled the case... 1st she called me and eagerly told me that my chances are good, but when her client said no, she didn't even have the simple manners of getting back to me... and she even ended her email saying that she will get in touch with me when there is a job opportunity! and i was thinking, dream on...

see, the whole thing is that she was the one who called me, and then made it seemed as if i was begging her for the job... anyway, if she calls me again telling me there is another job opportunity i will tell her not to waste my time... previously i had a few head hunters who called me too, but when they know that i am not successful, the immediately call and tell me how the situation was, and not just keep quiet... i was wondering, if i never wrote that email to her, would she ever get back to me?

No comments: